Finding, Creating, and Adding Members to a Team
Finding a team
A team is a collection of people, conversations, files, and tools — all in one place. A channel is a discussion within a team and is dedicated to a department, project, or topic.
When you launch Teams you will see the teams you are already a part of as well as public teams.
- Click on Teams to the left side of the app
- There are two possible views of Teams: Grid or List
- The view option is in Settings found by clicking on your picture in the upper right
- Grid View (Default) – Shows all of the teams you are member of.
- List View (Recommended) – Keeps a collapsible list of Teams and Channels on the left of the Teams plane.
Creating a team
Teams can be created for Schools, Departments, Committees, projects, or events. To create a team, have your department chair e-mail email@example.com with a proposed name and brief description.
Adding people to a Team
- Click on More options ... next to the team name
- Select Manage Team
- Click the Add Member button
- Enter a team member’s name and find them in the list.
- Click Done